Qualification Framework for Tour Guides
Program Client: GIZ
Year: February 2021 – December 2021
This project aim was to develop a Qualification Framework, International Quality Standards and Assessment Tools for Rwandan Tour Guides. The consultant team developed a detailed qualification framework and licensing system based on benchmarking to international standards. The team provided a set of quality standards with clear competences to be assessed at each certification level.
Scope of Work:
- Review of existing tourism plans and other relevant documents
- Comparison of guide certification programs
- Design a unique certification program for Rwandan Tour guides with clear competences to be assessed at each level (Bronze, Silver and Golden).
- Design the assessment tools
- Develop the tourism repository for Rwanda
- Draft the qualification framework and licensing system based on benchmarking to relevant international standards