Hamilton Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
Project Overview: To assist Waikato Regional Airport Limited with the development and execution of a long-term strategy for the company’s land holding with a Hotel and Conference Centre.
Scope of Work: Horwath HTL was engaged to:
- inform WRAL of the issues and options in relation to the hotel’s ownership, competitive market position and future trading, following the end of the existing lease
- give advice about the future operating structure and best market positioning of the hotel
- conduct a search and selection process for a hotel operator and brand
- lead the contract negotiations on behalf of the owners
- advise on an upgrade strategy for the facilities
- assist with the asset management of the hotel during the repositioning, rebranding and ongoing operation
Horwath HTL Solution: Supported by our analysis and advice, WRAL have acquired full ownership of the hotel business and real estate. The hotel has been repositioned from a below average three-star accommodation facility to a recognised four-star branded hotel with quality facilities and management. The hotel now supports and runs alongside the airport facilities, creating operating synergies and a greatly improved operating performance.
Project Status: Completed
Contact for Project: Wim Ruepert