On this episode of Destination on the Left, Nicole Mahoney, from ‘Break the Ice‘, talks with Todd Wynne-Parry, and does a deep dive into the developing outdoor hospitality sector. In their conversation, Todd walks through the attributes and appeal of nature-based locations and offers solutions to some of the industry’s roadblocks and challenges.
Listen to the podcast here
Todd Wynne-Parry brings a wealth of global senior leadership knowledge and insight developed over more than 20 years of reporting directly to CEOs and Boards in industries that range from luxury, lifestyle, and outdoor hospitality to investing, consulting, and financial analysis.
As a CGO, EVP, SVP, and Executive Committee member, he has helmed major expansion, post-merger integration, and growth initiatives for the world’s premier hospitality brands, including, AutoCamp, Two Roads Hospitality (formerly Commune Hotels & Resorts), Global Acquisitions and Development, InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG), and Starwood Hotels and Resorts.
Specializing in brand expansions and M&A in Asia, the Middle East, and the Americas, Todd has closed deals and developed contracts that generated upwards of $30 million in enterprise value annually and built relationships with key decision-makers across a wide range of global and regional, and city markets globally.
What You Will Learn in this Episode:
- How Todd found his niche in the outdoor hospitality sector
- How the outdoor hospitality sector has evolved
- Features of a great outdoor hospitality location and how to curate a fantastic guest experience
- Todd gives us a framework for brands interested in adding outdoor hospitality experiences
- How marketers should be thinking about outdoor experiences within the broader travel and tourism offering
- Some fantastic examples of successful outdoor ventures that are leading the way for the future of outdoor hospitality
Growth of the Outdoor Hospitality Sector
Outdoor hospitality is a wide-ranging sector that can be divided into two main categories: the lower end of the price point,
- Horwath HTL Announces Dorothy Dowling! Dorothy was recently honoured with Lifetime Achievement awards from the HSMA… https://t.co/8443ZU2Md1
- Albania is one of Europes fastest growing hospitality markets with Real Estate investment making up a significant p… https://t.co/raxd7UH7w8
- Two Hospitality trailblazers take their talents to Horwath HTL. Fantastic piece in HOTELS magazine about the two in… https://t.co/c3YJdIz4V2