6400 South Fiddlers Green Circle, Suite 250
Greenwood Village, Colorado 80111
William Kottenstette (Bill) has over 34 years of industry experience including 28 years consulting experience (four years with an international consulting firm and 24 years with Horwath HTL/Montgomery & Associates) performing market feasibility research, hotel and restaurant operational analysis, financial analysis and hotel valuations, and seven years of experience in hotel and restaurant operations, including hospitality marketing, strategic planning, and hotel facility management.
Bill’s areas of specialization and experience include the following:
- Assessment of market support for hotels and restaurants.
- Hotel Asset Management
- Preparation of Impact analysis for multiple hotel franchise companies (Marriott International, Inc. InterContinental Hotels Group, Best Western, etc.)
- Preparation of financial estimates to determine project feasibility.
- Operational studies of various hotel operating departments.
- Owner services, including development and disposition strategies, market repositioning strategies for existing hotels and restaurants and management and franchise reviews.
- Assisting with real estate appraisals and business valuations for the hospitality industry.
His involvement in a real estate project often begins with product conceptualization and continues through the market study, facility recommendation, financial analysis and on-going consulting phases. Mr. Kottenstette has consulted on engagements throughout the United States. Clients include property owners, hotel franchise companies, hotel management companies, various independent developers and investors and multiple lending institutions.
Prior to his tenure at an internationally known hospitality consulting and accounting firm, and subsequently Horwath HTL/Montgomery & Associates, Bill worked for the Potomac Hotel Group (now known as Modus Hotels), a hotel management company based in Washington D.C. He held multiple management positions including General Manager, Resident Manager and Corporate Systems Analyst.
Bill graduated from the University of Denver with a BSBA Degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management.