Max Henriquez Ureña No. 37,
+1 809 541 6565
+1 809 723 5572
Juan N. Méndez Wolfschoon, Senior Consultant at Horwath HTL, has been in the consulting business practice in the Caribbean, South and Central America for more than twenty years. Among others, Mr. Mendez has been responsible for the planning and execution of advisory engagements in the hotel, mixed-use, tourism and luxury real estate industry, including project developments and existing properties.
Mr. Méndez’s areas of specialization include the following:
• Tourism and leisure services including: tourism market research and trends, business plans, feasibility and market studies, operational marketing plans, best use concepts, the economic impact of tourism and operational hotel audits;
• Planning and Development, including: appraisal reports, hotel management company selection, macro tourism analysis and strategic planning;
• Asset management, including: benchmarking performance against industry standards and competitive sets;
• Business and real estate valuation;
• Transactional Advisory; including financial due diligence.
Mr. Mendez graduated with a degree in accounting (CPA), and went on to study a special program in Functional Management and accomplished a Master in Business Administration. Furthermore, he participates frequently at international tourism conferences and seminars. He is an active member of the Dominican Institute of Appraisers (ITADO), and the American Union of Valuation’s Associations (UPAV).