Ireland Hotel, Tourism & Leisure Market, Nov 2022
By Mairea Doyle-Balfe on November 15, 2022
The November edition of the Horwath HTL Ireland Hotel, Tourism & Leisure Market Update is released.
Ireland Hotel Performance
- Regional hotels had a strong finish to the summer season.
- RevPAR for the month of September was €119, compared to €93 in 2019. This was driven solely by increased rates.
- September year-to-date RevPAR was 23% or €18 ahead of the same period in 2019.
- Occupancy for the month of September was at the same level as 2019 at 90%. This is of interest given international visitors to Ireland are still below 2019 levels and suggests the reduced capacity of hotel rooms for travellers has helped to insulate the hotel market to some extent.
- Cork, Galway and Limerick all benefitted from similar growth trends where rate was the dominant growth factor.