485 McGill Street
+514 284 7720 Ext 223
Mr. Gaudet’s areas of expertise include:
- Hotel and resort appraisals and estimate of “Market Value”
- Market studies, with financial projections and analyses, for hotels, resorts, and various leisure and tourism real estate developments
- Market studies, with financial projections and analyses, for such tourism related projects as waterparks, spas, and convention centres, among others
- Marketing and sales related consulting, including the preparation of strategic marketing plans, market entry strategies, and hotel sales documents, among others
- Operational and facility reviews for hotels, resorts and tourism projects
- Asset and interim management services for hotels and resorts
Mr. Gaudet has provided bilingual (English and French) valuation, advisory, operator search and selection, and asset/interim management consulting services for close to three decades, having begun with Horwath HTL in 1990. Subsequent to several front office positions at both Hilton Hotels International and Canadian National Hotels, Peter has been involved in numerous appraisals, market studies, and financial and operational analyses for a wide range of clients within the lodging, restaurant and leisure related industries, throughout Québec, Ontario, Eastern Canada, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Costa Rica and French Polynesia.
As a Senior Associate, Mr. Gaudet oversees the complete lifecycle of the consulting process. His expertise allows for a timely delivery of consulting analyses and reports while ensuring client service and satisfaction. Through rigorous quality control and high-quality deliverables, he has valued in excess of 100 hotel and resort properties over the past 15 years.
Mr. Gaudet has also been instrumental in our asset/interim management practice with mandates including the review and management of the Radisson St. John’s Hotel and Conference Center (now the Delta St. John’s), the Hotel La Citadelle in Montréal (converted to a Courtyard by Marriott), the Hotel Albert in Rouyn-Noranda, the Delta Sherbrooke Hotel & Convention Centre, the Delta Trois-Rivieres Hotel and Convention Centre, and more recently, the Opus Montréal Hotel in downtown Montréal (now the Hotel10).
Mr. Gaudet also oversees the compilation, processing and analysis of the industry results for the Canadian and Québec hotel industry overviews. The overview is an annual publication that provides industry professionals with operating and financial performance statistics.
As Senior Associate at Horwath HTL Consultants in Montréal, Mr. Gaudet has participated as a guest speaker on numerous occasions with regards to industry trends both within the Québec and Atlantic Provinces.
Mr. Gaudet is regularly quoted with regards to the trends within the Québec
hotel industry, boutique hotel development and resort development in such publications as Journal Les Affaires, La Presse, Le Devoir and Hotels Restaurants & Institutions.