+44 20 3642 5503
Patrick is currently based at Horwath HTL's UK office in London. He is a member of both the Institute of Hospitality and the British Association of Hotel Accountants. With 20 years of international operational and hotel advisory experience across the UK, Europe and the Middle East, Patrick has worked for both internationally famous hotels and some of the leading advisory firms in hospitality. Following an early career in operations in France and the UK, Patrick joined specialist hotel consultancy firm PKF where he worked on a broad range of hotel-related engagements including feasibility studies, operational reviews, best use analysis, strategic planning, valuations and litigation support. From PKF he moved to join Ernst & Young’s Hospitality & Leisure Advisory Services team as a senior consultant and hotel specialist. At E&Y Patrick provided specialist hotel-related advice on a range of major cross-discipline engagements including Olympic bid planning and tourism master planning. More recently, Patrick has provided specialist hotel asset management services on behalf of Vision Hospitality Asset Management, looking after the hotel interests of a range of institutional and private clients. Patrick’s specialist areas of expertise include the following:
- Operational asset management, operational reviews
- Profit optimisation, cost containment strategies and profit protection plans
- Independent business reviews and the provision of strategic advice
- Financial performance analysis and benchmarking
- Feasibility studies
- Asset managed a mixed portfolio of four separately branded international hotels on behalf of a major institutional investor, culminating in the sale of three of the properties on behalf of the client.
- Asset managed a portfolio of 16 internationally branded properties on behalf of an investment consortium, representing the client’s interests in dealing with the operator to maximise the portfolio’s performance and value through a period of extremely challenging market conditions.
- Provided limited asset management advice to the owners of three separate portfolios totalling over 60 properties, with a specific emphasis on streamlining the operating cost structure of each of the businesses.
- Advised the owners of a major London landmark hotel on the renegotiation of the lease terms for the property following a request by the head leaseholder to extend the lease. As a result of our advice the owners were able to secure significantly improved rent and a commitment to major investment funding to upgrade the hotel.
- Provided advice and a limited due diligence review of the three existing hotels within the Cliveden portfolio, plus one planned new hotel; namely Cliveden House in Taplow, the Royal Crescent in Bath, The Cliveden Town House in London, and a proposed new Town House property in Edinburgh. Following this review, the portfolio was duly acquired by the client.
- Led an operational and strategic review on behalf of the owners of a large privately owned hotel and conference centre in Tuscany, Italy, with a view to preparing the business for a possible flotation on the Italian stock exchange.
- Undertook a review of hotel demand and of the requirement for additional hotel accommodation in Londonderry, County Londonderry, on behalf of the Northern Ireland Tourist Board.
- Undertook a detailed operational review of a major four-star hotel complex in Stuttgart, with extensive restaurant and leisure facilities, in support of a tribunal hearing considering a disputed rent review and claims of incompetent management. As a result of this review, the tribunal found in favour of our client who was able to negotiate a reduced rent increase and secure greater freedom to manage the business directly without undue interference from the owners. Horwath HTL Horwath HTL is the world's largest consulting organisation, specialising in the hospitality industry with 50 offices in 39 countries. The international network of specialist consultants in the hotel, tourism and leisure sectors at Horwath HTL is dedicated to providing strategic hospitality consultancy services to investors, institutions, governmental organisations, operators and real estate developers. Horwath HTL is a member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest accounting and consulting networks in the world with offices in close to 400 cities in 88 countries. Horwath HTL also works in conjunction with Horwath Clark Whitehill to deliver capital raising, financing and structuring services. Horwath HTL London provides acquisition and development advisory services, asset management and transactional and financial structuring. As accredited valuation experts, the team is also well placed to provide financial appraisal and valuation services to assess the viability or feasibility of your project.