About John Montgomery
6400 South Fiddlers Green Circle, Suite 250, Greenwood Village, Colorado 80111
+1 303 831 5061
Mr. Montgomery has more than thirty years of hospitality industry experience, including 23 years of financial and operational consulting. Prior to Horwath HTL, he performed consulting work as a Senior Principal with an international consulting firm and most recently with Horwath HTL in variety of hospitality and real estate clients. He had operations and development experience with Hyatt Hotels Corporation and Super 8 Motels. Mr. Montgomery's experience with Hyatt Hotels Corporation involved positions as Corporate Sales Manager and Director of Sales and Marketing. His experience with Super 8 Motels was as a Vice President of Development and Operations for a large Super 8 franchisee.
Mr. Montgomery's involvement in a real estate project often begins with product conceptualization and continues through the market study, facility recommendation, financial analysis and on-going consulting phases. As a consultant, Mr. Montgomery has conducted engagements throughout various states in the Rocky Mountain Region, as well as in the southeast and southwest United States.
Mr. Montgomery's areas of specialization include the following:
- Market analysis, conceptual development and financial analysis of a wide range of hotel development projects including full-service, resort, bed and breakfast, budget, economy, limited service, all-suite, convention and historic properties.
- Hotel Asset Management
- Market analysis, conceptual development and financial estimates for restaurants and athletic clubs.
- Market analysis for recreational real estate including golf courses and ski areas.
- Operational analysis of hotels, motels, restaurants and resorts.
- Market analysis, conceptual development and financial estimates for executive conference centers and city/state convention centers.
- Determination of market position, budgeting requirements and marketing plans for Convention and Visitor Bureaus.
- Litigation support and expert witness testimonyMr. Montgomery received his BSBA degree from the School of Hotel and Restaurant Management at the University of Denver and has a minor in secondary education from the same university. In addition, he has completed selected graduate level business courses at the Master Business Administration (MBA) program at Abilene Christian University in Dallas, Texas.Horwath HTL is the world's largest hospitality advisory firm with 57 offices in 32 countries with professionals dedicated to the hospitality industry. The Horwath HTL group has focused specifically on providing real estate, financial and contractual advisory services to its hospitality industry clients for over 90 years.
The North American offices are located in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Dallas, Denver, Atlanta, Toronto, Montreal, Santo Domingo and Mexico City.
The company is a member of Crowe Horwath International – a network of certified public accounting firms with more than 400 offices worldwide.